- supports, promotes, accredits and monitors RedR member organisations
- is governed by the General Assembly
- is an Association under Swiss Law.
RedR's General Assembly ensures that RedR develops as a cohesive and effective international movement. It does this by:
- assisting new RedR organisations to become accredited members of RedR International
- monitoring accredited members' compliance with RedR International's fundamental principles;
- encouraging close contact and collaboration between RedR organisations around the world;
- organising and following up on General Assembly meetings;
- supporting projects and initiatives, such as the Sphere Project.
Members of the General Assembly are either elected or co-opted by the governing bodies of the Accredited RedRs.